Saturday, February 27, 2016
11:00am to 03:00pm
This weekend, Courthouse Square will transform into an elaborate stage for lion dancers, red panda acrobats, martial artists, taiko drummers, and more. The celebration is brought to you by: Redwood City International Redwood City's Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Department and multiple businesses.
5 facts about Redwood City's Lunar New Year Celebration
- The celebration began in part to recognize Redwood City's Sister City relationship with Zhuhai in the People's Republic of China. Learn more at our website!
- Admission is free at the San Mateo County History Museum on Feb. 27, too! Check out their exhibits if you attend the festival.
- The Lunar New Year actually began on Feb. 8. But hey, this is the Year of the Monkey--a year to be impulsive and intuitive rather than strictly by the book. And the weather forecast for this weekend is fantastic, whereas early February can be unpredictable.
- Miss Redwood City 2016 Elyse Vincenzi will make her first formal appearance.
- 2016 is the Year of the Monkey--the fire monkey, to be exact. Monkeys, according to the Chinese zodiac, are witty, brainy, mischievous, and playful.
Bring your family and make a day of it! It will be fun!
For more information: http://www.redwoodcity.org/residents/redwood-city-events/cultural/lunar-new-year