Choose Local SMC
About the App
Choose Local San Mateo County is a free platform designed to support local businesses.
Choose Local San Mateo County rewards residents and visitors with points for shopping at local businesses right here in San Mateo County. Each SMC Point equals $1, which can be easily redeemed at local businesses that choose to participate. Funded by the County of San Mateo, Choose Local San Mateo County will help us keep our local economy robust and our dollars in the community.
Steps to Participate
Three easy steps for businesses to sign up:
- APPLY: Application coming soon!
- ENROLL: If qualified, you be prompted to sign an agreement and a payee registration form to complete your enrollment
- PROMOTE: Once your app profile is finished, we will bring flyers and other promotional items to help you spread the word
- Demonstrated COVID-19 impact such as a forced closure and/or reduced occupancy
- For-profit business located within the San Mateo County limits
- Valid business license and operating permits (as applicable)
- Legally operating business located in a commercial or industrial space (home-based businesses are ineligible)
- Independently owned and operated, with the principal office located in San Mateo County (publicly traded companies and corporate-owned franchise businesses are ineligible at this time)
- Businesses should contribute to the overall quality and health of the community (No vape, liquor, marijuana, tobacco stores)
- Businesses must accept credit cards or debit cards
Email for questions
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.