NOTICE: Children’s Fund's 2021 Halloween Costume drive is canceled due to precautionary measures regarding COVID-19.

Halloween Costumes for San Mateo County Youth
Volunteers holding up Halloween costumes

Trick-or-treating, costume parades, jack-o-lanterns, costume parties, and haunted houses.  The holiday of Halloween is anticipated by children of all ages.  Halloween costumes can be expensive for low-income families who are struggling to make ends meet. The Costumes for Kids program provides gently used or new Halloween costumes to children throughout San Mateo County so that they too can fully participate in these festivities. 

Group of volunteers

“I really, really, really wanted to be a fairy for Halloween……and now I am!”  - Teresa, age 6. 

Who Do We Serve

This program distributes Halloween costumes to hundreds of homeless, low-income, and foster youth in San Mateo County so that they too can enjoy the holiday.  We rely on community donations to serve the children and are so grateful for your help!

Host a Collection Drive or Donate to Help a Child!

Host a Costume Drive! Collect new and gently used costumes in any size- infant through adult , as well as accessories- face paint, scarves, glasses from your neighbors, friends, family, or co-workers.  We’ll provide the collection materials! 

Make a monetary donation and we will credit it to the school supply drive! All donations are tax-deductible.

Where to bring donated items?

Our office at 1 Davis Drive, Belmont, CA 94002.  Drop off hours are Monday- Thursday 9am-4pm
Please ensure that all items are new or gently used. Donation receipts can be given to you at the time of drop off.

NOTICE: Children’s Fund is not accepting any costume donations this year due to precautionary measures regarding COVID-19.    


Contact us anytime: 650-802-5152 or

NOTEIf you are a parent or guardian of a child who wishes to receive these services, please have your case manager or social worker contact us. We do not accept requests directly from the public. All children who receive services from the Children's Fund must be referred by their case manager or social worker.