The County of San Mateo is considering contracting with a network community-based organizations to perform enhanced Rental Relief Program outreach and application assistance to raise awareness about California’s Rental Relief Program and eligibility in hard-to-reach communities that are often missed through traditional communication channels, due to barriers such as the digital divide, literacy, and language.
About the RFQ: Closed
San Mateo County is working with the State of California to provide emergency rental assistance to San Mateo County residents who have experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19 and have been unable to pay their rent and/or utilities through the California State Housing is Key Rental Relief Program. The program is for both eligible renters and property owners.
Proposers must be from not for profit organizations and can include:
- Organizations: Must be tax-exempt organization such as organizations that are tax exempt under Sections 501(c)3, 501(c)4, 501(c)6 of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), or an organization that files a Form 990, Form 990 EZ, or Form 990-N with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and that serves San Mateo County residents.
- School Groups/Districts: Must provide educational services to residents and students in San Mateo County.
- Government Agencies: San Mateo County cities, San Mateo County districts/agencies, and libraries in San Mateo County.
- Coalitions: Groups comprised of two or more organizations, school groups, student associations, or government agencies.
- RFP Released: July 9, 2021 at 4:00 PM PDT
- Deadline for questions, comments, and exceptions: July 16, 2021 at 12:00 PM PDT
- NEW Proposal due date and time: July 23, 2021 at 12:00 PM PDT
- Original Proposal due date and time: July 20, 2021 at 4:00 PM PDT
- Anticipated contract award date: August 2021
Questions + Answers
1. Do you know if the post-award grantee requirements for this opportunity will be similar to the current COVID-19 Outreach grant (reports/invoices/timesheets monthly)?
The reporting for this opportunity will consist of monthly reports to the County, including detailed invoices to include: a narrative of activities/events; billed hours for each position; hours billed at applicable rates; locations where contractor's assigned personnel are working; and supporting documents including timesheets or time logs for staff with a description of the work performed and no greater than quarter hour billing increments. Contractor will certify the timesheets and/or time logs. Templates will be provided.
2. And are the specific activities listed in the RFQ (outreach, pop-up events, assisting with rental relief applications, social media, etc) all required? Or is this similar to the COVID-19 Outeach grant where smoe are required and other are suggested activities (with flexibility for organizations to propose alternate activities that work toward the same goals)?
The activities listed in the scope of work are preferred, but there is flexibility for organizations to propose alternate activities that work toward the same goals in your individual proposals.
3. I am wondering if there is any flexibility in the submission deadline?
Thank you for the inquiry. We are extending for proposal submissions to Friday, July 23rd, 12:00 PDT.
RFQ #OCA1002 Documents
How to Submit
You must submit your proposal by Friday, July 23rd, by 12:00 PM PDT by emailing all documents to: CMO_COVID_RFP1@smcgov.org