Meetings Every 2nd Tuesday, 12-1pm 455 County Center, Room 301 Redwood City
News and Upcoming Events
Mark your calendars!
Please join us for a Social Media Social. We'll be featuring special guest speakers, including Kathleen Boutte-Foster from ISD, Julie Goebel from HR and Bev Thames, from the CMO. Meet the new Chief Information Officer, Jon Walton and the new Policy, Innovation and Engagement Fellow, Aja Bettencourt-McCarthy.
This special Lunchtime Learning session will explore using social media at work for both internal and external communication and connection. Where have we been? Where are we now? Where are we going?
- Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2012
- Time: Noon to 1 pm
- Place: Board of Supervisors Chambers, 400 County Center, Redwood City
RSVP through LMS, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View the WICG Calendar of Events >>
How do I join WICG?
Membership is open to all county employees. Membership dues are not required but a voluntary contribution of $10.00 will help fund honorarium speaker fees, educational workshop, and special activities sponsored by WICG. For contributions above $20.00, you will also receive a WICG logo gift. For more information please contact Irma Compton, WICG Membership Officer, at 599-7310 or e-mail at Icompton@co.sanmateo.ca.us
WICG Mission Statement
Women in County Government (WICG) provide the San Mateo County employee community with networking support, organization culture awareness, and recognition of women's achievements.
- To increase the effectiveness and job satisfaction of women at all levels of the organization.
- To promote a culture that values diversity and fosters an atmosphere of dignity and respect.
- Provide network opportunities for all county employees.
- Encourage positive working relationships.
- Present discussion forums regarding common issues and challenges.
- Acknowledge outstanding contribution by women who work for San Mateo County.
- Women are vital contributors to County government.
- Women support and encourage each other in their endeavors.
- Women foster the career development of other women.
- Women promote innovation, foster employee involvement, build trust, and produce quality results.
2010-11 WICG Regular Board Meeting Dates
WICG Board Meetings are open to all. They are held on the 2nd Tuesday of every month.
Location: Hall of Justice, 5th Floor, Adult Probation Conference Room
Time: 12:00 pm – 1:00 PM
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People®
Information Packet [PDF]
The 20th Annual Recognition of Women in County Government
& Holiday Charity Event
Event flyer [PDF]
2010 Nominees for Women in County Government Self-Development Recognition Awards
Download List of Winners (.doc)
Public Discussion: Resiliency: Enduring Strength in Changing Times
Led by Pat Obuchowski, a business, leadership and life coach who coaches for professional and personal results. She is also a co-author of Scrappy Women in Business: Living Proof that Bending the Rules Isn't Breaking the Law. The book will be available for purchase for $20.00 at the event. All proceeds will benefit the Catalyst Youth Leadership Project.
- Date: Tuesday, September 21st, 2010
- Where: Board of Supervisors Chambers, Redwood City
- Time: Noon - 1:00 PM
December 14, 2009 - 19th Annual Recognition of Women in County Government & Holiday Charity Event to be held at the Hilton (formerly the Sheraton) Hotel in Burlingame. View details on the Employee Recognition Program [PDF] View the flyer [PDF]
November 12, 2009 - Generational Differences
View the flyer [PDF]
2009 Good Car Keeping Event
In July, WICG hosted a workshop on Good Car Keeping presented by John Wise from the Department of Public Works Motor Pool. It was a popular event with over 30 participants. Helpful car keeping tips on how to chose a good mechanic, what to do when you have a flat time, and what to carry in the trunk, and fuel saving tips. There was a demonstration with the hybrid vehicles that are used throughout the county. View photos from this event >>